It’s no secret that parenting is a difficult job. No matter how many kids you decide to have or what varying ages they may be, it really doesn’t get any easier. Luckily, ingenious parents have thought up clever ways to relieve some of the stress.
These expert parents have passed down pretty nifty ideas to get through all difficult scenarios, from keeping kids busy on an airplane to making their toys less noisy. Here are 10 of the best ones. Get ready, because your job just got a whole lot easier!
1. Let’s face it: kids love to crawl. Unfortunately, you don’t always have time to keep the floors clean. So why not make the best of their habit and turn them into little dusters? They’ll have their fun, and you’ll finally get those clean floors you always wanted!
2. Convincing your sick toddler to take their medicine is probably one of the most difficult aspects of parenting. Not anymore! Just slice off the tip of their pacifier and insert the medicine dropper into the hole on the other side. They’ll instinctively suck on their binky without realizing they’re getting well!
3. No child likes to get bath water into their eyes. It’s not only annoying, but it can burn, too. For an easy fix, try placing one of these nifty umbrella bands on their head. Now you can wash away the worry of it every happening again!
4. Going to the beach with a toddler in the summer can be pretty troublesome—they always just want to crawl away. But why not just make your very own beach play pen with a fitted bed sheet and some items to hold the corners up?
5. If your child fears monsters in the closet, there’s an easy way to put their minds at ease. Simply fill a clean spray bottle with “monster spray” (water) and spritz it around their bedroom. You’ll help put those fears—and your child—to bed in no time!
6. Learning to be organized is important. So why not introduce that notion to your children at an early age while also letting them have some fun? You’ll be so happy there’s no cleanup when playtime is over!
7. It can be pretty difficult for children to tell time on an analog clock these days. To make it easier for them to track their chores, try using a color coding system to block out each hour. Time management for the win!
8. Anyone who has ever traveled long distances with multiple children in the back seat would most certainly benefit from this nifty contraption. They can’t possibly argue or fight with each other if they can’t see each other… right?
9. All parents know that getting children to take medicine when they’re sick is no walk in the park. Why not give this parent’s innovative idea a try and let kids think they’re sipping from their favorite drink? The straw is really inside of the medicine, of course, but they just think they’re getting a treat!
10. Let’s face it: there’s no way children actually enjoy cleaning up. Asking them to tidy the floor is like asking them to give up candy—not happening. That is, unless you turn it into a game! Have your kid to sweep all of the crumbs and mess into the “square” and watch as your kitchen becomes spic and span.
Parenting sure can be a difficult job, but with tricks like these, you can make it a bit easier!
Share these ingenious parenting hacks with your friends below!