The number of inconveniences, big and small, that can pop up on any given day is pretty overwhelming. You don’t exactly get handed an instruction manual on life the second you arrive on Earth. Luckily, we’ve all found life tips that make living just a touch easier.
Because life poses so many challenges, people have devised countless ways to thwart problems both terrible and mundane. Concise and specific, sensible and simple, these 25 expert life tips will help you navigate the day-to-day with ease and improve your happiness in the process!
1. If you’re responsible for a couple of kids, take a picture with them the second you get to a theme park or crowded place. That way, if the kid runs off and gets separated, you have an up-to-date picture of what they’re wearing to show to others.
2. When there’s an accident in a public place, people tend to think someone else will handle it while they gape in awe. To actually get help for someone in trouble, give explicit instructions to specific bystanders, like, “You! Call 9-1-1!”
3. To be honest, opening up your notes and mindlessly scanning the page is not a very effective study method. Instead, focus by pretending you’ll be teaching the material to the entire class. What would be important to communicate, and how could you do it simply?
4. Another worthy study method might be packing as many notes as possible into a tiny “cheat sheet.” You might’ve done this in high school with an index card. The more you try to cram your notes onto the card, the more you’ll memorize information—and you won’t need those notes.
5. Suck up two or three tablespoons of cinnamon in your vacuum to release the spice’s smell every time you do a bit of cleaning. Pro tip for the pro tip: don’t do this if you don’t actually enjoy the smell of cinnamon. It works with any scent, though, so try it with something you love!
6. The trunk of your car should be the permanent home for blankets, flashlights, canned food, and water bottles in case you get stuck in bad weather or have to flee the government and never return home. (Just kidding.) It’s mostly for if you get stuck in the woods, though.
7. Some old folks don’t hear so well, but it’s the pitch of your voice they’re struggling to pick up—not the volume. Instead of screaming yourself hoarse at the old-timer, try talking in a deeper voice. That should help!
8. When someone offers advice, try saying “you’re right” instead of “I know.” Why? Because you don’t know, which is why you’re seeking advice in the first place. Saying “you’re right” also gives the speaker credit and makes them feel heard. Everyone wins!
Hopefully these hacks can make your life just a little bit easier in one way or another. What are you favorite life tips?
Share these life tips with your friends below!