When you’re doing your laundry, adding a dryer sheet to your clothes can help make them smell absolutely lovely. These genius inventions can also help keep your clothes feeling soft and well-cared for. It’s a little luxury that makes a big difference!
But buying dryer sheets can also feel like a waste of money when they start to pile up in the trash can. There’s good news, though! Dryer sheets have many uses other than the ones they’re marketed for. Check out these 20 amazing and surprising ways dryer sheets can come in handy…
1. Repel rodents: Believe it or not, rodents cannot stand the smell of dryer sheets! If you’re trying to keep mice and rats at bay, just tuck a few scented dryer sheets in the spots in your home where they like to lurk.
2. Remove deodorant stains: There are few things more annoying than pulling on a clean shirt and accidentally covering it with your deodorant. Luckily, a few swipes with a dryer sheet should remove those powder marks in no time flat.
3. Clean your car: After driving long distances, the front of your car can look like a bug graveyard. Wipe it clean with a wet dryer sheet to rid yourself of all those guy guts without harming the nice finish on your ride.
4. Clean dry spills: Because of their fibers, dryer sheets are great for wiping up dry messes, like flour. The spill will have no problem adhering to the sheet and your mess will be gone with barely any effort!
5. Dusting: Dryer sheets weren’t made to dust your home, but they should have been! Not only can they clean up dust in a thrice, but they can also help keep dust from settling on surfaces for weeks at a time.
6. Sharpen scissors: Don’t waste a lot of money on an expensive knife-sharpening stone when dryer sheets work just as well—and they cost a fraction of what you’d pay otherwise! Just wipe your scissor blades (or other knives) carefully on the sheet.
7. Clean glass: If your computer screen is a mess or your TV screens are looking dingy, just wipe them down with dryer sheets. They will quickly and safely leave your screens clean and scratch-free to boot!
8. Remove pet hair: If you own a pet, then you know how much their fur can be the bane of your existence. To remove it from your clothes and couch cushions, simply swipe a dryer sheet over the area.
9. Scent filter: Do you notice a stale smell from your air conditioning or heating vents? That’s really easy to fix with dryer sheets. Just tuck one inside of the vent for fresh-smelling air in a snap!
10. Clean your toilet: If your toilet’s due for a cleaning but you’re fresh out of toilet bowl cleaner, don’t worry. Simply drop two dryer sheets in your toilet instead. Let them sit a while, then remove and scrub for a pristine pot.
Who knew that there were so many different ways to use your dryer sheets other than drying clothes? It sounds like they’re worth the investment, even if you don’t have a washer or dryer at home!
Share this post with your friends below!